Google and Amazon Need to Get it Together

Image
Let's start this out with a disclaimer; this is an opinion/rant. Do with it what you will. We all know there is some stiff competition between the two Titans; Google and Amazon. But can they please get over their back-and-forth bickering already? It is costing their users like you and me a lot of missed entertainment! About the time Amazon started selling their FireTV devices, they decided stop selling Google products that it saw as direct competition. At the time, this included Google's Android TV devices and has grown to include their Google Home Smart Assistants. Amazon has even gone so far to not just exclude these devices from its search results, but actually display THEIR devices instead! Note the search results for "google home": In an act of apparent retaliation, Google has pulled its YouTube service from availability on Amazon devices. Quid Pro Quo, eh Google? This has gone back and forth several times, with occasional arrangements bringing t

Improving on the Tablet Install in the BMW

To update my previous post (here), I have done a little more work on the Tablet mounting. I purchased a nice hard snap-on cover for the tablet:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00903HAL0/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then I glued it into place using a large L-bracket and some high-quality adhesive.

Here's how it looks from the Front:

Note: I did have to grind back some more plastic in the mounting bracket to allow the tablet cover to sit as close to flush as possible.

Then, I just put it back in the dash like it was before. Here's a shot of it holding the tablet nice a snug in the car. Now I'm just waiting for the Double-Din Bezel I ordered from Germany. (I broke down and ordered it since I wasn't happy with the way my homemade one turned out.)


Cheers!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, Is AnTuTu Benchmark Infecting Us With Malware?

Deadpool Facer Watch Face for Android Wear

My Experiences with the Sony QX10 "Camera"